Advanced bridge for the Integration of VRF Air Conditioning Systems
CoolMaster is a unique hardware solution for seamless integration of the advanced VRF / Split Air Conditioning Systems and Home Automation / BMS Controllers. Interfacing major Home Automation controllers e.g. Control4, Crestron, AMX, RTI, Savant, Vantage and others, through CoolMasterNet’s built in RS232, RS485 and Ethernet communication ports, will provide end users with control and monitoring of Air Conditioning indoor units.
Air Conditioning control will now be implemented from same Home Automation or BMS controller of which other tasks like lighting, shades, security and similar are controlled. It will also enable HVAC Service Providers to access HVAC’s most essential parameters required for diagnostic and service purposes.
The CoolMaster product line allows home automation specialists, building automation integrators, facilities managers and HVAC professionals the ability to integrate, control, monitor, service and manage any VRF or VRV HVAC system through a single device. The devices are Plug & Play and do not require prior technical HVAC knowledge. Simply unbox, ensure it is configured to the right HVAC brand using the built-in display, connect as indicated, and… that’s it…
The product line includes 2 type of devices: CoolMaster and CoolMasterPro. CoolMaster fits most residential and small-medium commercial settings where the number of indoor units is limited, whereas CoolMasterPro addresses the needs of the mid-to-large commercial market, and comes with comprehensive integration capabilities for very large VRF/VRV installations or sites with numerous indoor or sensor units and more advanced building monitoring, management, service or control requirements.
NOTE: CoolMaster and CoolMasterPro are replacing the CoolMasterNet product with its current licensing model.
How Does It Work?
VRF and VRV systems design is a closed and proprietary communication loop between the condensers and evaporators. These communication loops vary from one manufacturer brand to another. Traditionally, controlling and integrating these VRF HVAC systems controls, requires the mediation of a brand-specific interface device, as each manufacturer utilizes its own unique communication protocol.
With CooMaster, you don’t need a sperate mediation device for each brand, or to implement a different logic of integration with each of them separately. CoolMaster connects with all brands and provide a universal unified interface for integrating control and monitoring capabilities to your preferred Home Automation or Building Management System.
CoolMaster enables a bi-directional universal communication channel between the VRF HVAC and the automation systems, that enables Automation integrators and HVAC Professionals to:
- Natively integrate Home and Building Automation Systems with VRF HVAC
- Connect with the CoolAutomation’s application suite which includes capabilities for Facilities Management, Monitoring, Servicing, and Control of the VRF systems.
- Connect VRF HVAC systems leading Smart Home Devices , such as Google Home, and Amazon Alexa voice assistant, iot devices and smart thermostats.
- Seamless integration of HVAC systems with all major Home Automation / BMS controllers e.g. Control4, Crestron, AMX, RTI, Savant, Vantage and others.
- Major HVAC brands support e.g. MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC, DAIKIN, MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES, TOSHIBA, PANASONIC, SANYO, HITACHI, LG, SAMSUNG, GREE
- Interfaces via RS232 (ASCII), RS485 (MODBUS RTU), Ethernet (ASCII & MODBUS IP) for all HVAC brands
- Simultaneous multi-brand HVAC support (option)
- Touch screen display, for system management and control
- Configurable I/O’s (option)
- Control & monitoring of HVAC indoor units operation
- Control.CoolRemote.net — Remote access from Smartphone, Tablet and PC platforms
- HVAC systems diagnostics (option)
- Direct KNX connection (option)
- Cloud integration by API (future option)